Monday 22 September 2014

Hi folks,
I have to say that I am truly a self-confessed technophobe. Whilst I do not welcome new ICT that is foisted on me;  when I am used to using it I understand its worth. Microsoft applications are a case in point.
I remember the sheer terror when my place of work told me I had to use a computer and these funny little buttons on the screen were going to help me. Can you believe it; because I certainly didn't, these  alien looking buttons were going to help me? Then...... wow over time I  learned to use them.

Word I have found the be an ever expanding trauma and wonder.  At its most basic use words appear with lovely little squiggly lines under them when you have spelt them wrong. Grammar innacuracies are pointed out and tips are given to correct it; and the thersuarus if you chose to use it brings up both alternatives that spice up your work, as well as unfathomable words that somebody felt the need to commit to the dictionary. Word layout took more time and skill to master..... the amount of time I screamed, pulled my hair out and literally danced with frustration when I couldn't get my words in the right place.But ...ohhhh... the feeling of euphoria when your table or indents are in the correct place. You know what they say practice makes things easier and I have just written a dissertation on word. A feat worthy of a street party fifteen years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment